8.13.2009

Introducing the Canon 5D Mark II

My new camera finally came in! I always wanted this camera ever since it came out last September, but I knew I could never afford it. I drooled every time I saw it at camera stores or people on Flickr that owned it. I always wondered how people could afford such a nice camera. Then suddenly a light bulb appeared above my head, it told me to just save and stop spending on unnecessary things. So I did just that. I told myself if I really want to become a photographer I really need to stop buying clothes and slow down on buying fast food. Well, I saved about $250 every week from my paychecks. I even sold my Alienbees equipment which was my bread and butter then, but now switching to more natural light. I drove my XB over my Beamer 95% of the time, so I can save gas. Whatever it took, I was going to get this camera. I even participated in a photo contest with the grand prize of a new Canon 5d Mark II, but unfortunately I didn’t win anything. Then a miracle happened. My tax guy called me up and said I have some extra cash from the years of 2006 and 2007. I thought I was just getting a total of like $300, but when I got there I was shocked. Of course I’m not going to tell you how much I received, but I knew it was enough to get online and order my Mark II. On top of what I saved, I had enough to buy a 5D Mark II, a 580 EXII, and a fisheye lens. Now it's time to have fun with my new baby and see what kind of magic I can do with it. Below are my first shots straight from the camera with the Mark II, all of the shots were done with a 15mm Fisheye lens since it’s the only lens I have right now. Hehe!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. I still remember that day when you were supposed to go to Gene to process your tax papers. Dad and I were talking about it and laughing at you because you were dreaming of getting big bucks and we said it'll be less than $300. When you came back from Gene's office, the joke's on us.

    ReplyDelete